You're invited to the Festival of Health and Social Care
Looking Local are excited to be taking part in the Festival of Health and Social Care 2021. This exciting new event, run by public sector co-funding platform CC2i, will focus on digital innovation co-designed by councils and their health and care partners over the past 18 months.
The event features real life solutions that have been developed over two years of the Local Government Association’s Social Care Digital Innovation Accelerator (SCDIA) – covering key areas such as safeguarding, Discharge to Assess, learning disabilities, as well as the challenge of the incoming Liberty Protection Safeguards process.
Looking Local will be presenting during the Adult Social Care Innovation Focus section of the event to showcase BetterCare Support – our animation-led platform that allows citizens to self-serve their Care & Support assessments. This exciting new platform was co-funded through CC2i with six local authorities – Coventry, Dorset, Lincolnshire, Medway, Oxfordshire and Solihull.
This has been a highly engaging opportunity, generating creative ideas and encouraging a broader consideration of options. Involvement has offered tangible benefits in terms of a good value product option, also improving insight into our localised needs and how these might be best met.
Jemma Horrocks, Quality Assurance Officer – Lincolnshire County Council
During lunch, there will be an opportunity to watch a live BetterCare Support demonstration, which will showcase how the users are guided through a series of short animations for each of the areas of the Care Act to indicate what level of care they need (if any).
The event is free to attend and is taking place virtually on Friday 1st October 2021, running from 10am until 3pm.
What to expect
- 10.00am: Welcome to the Festival of Health and Social Care 2021
- 10.05am-10.55am: Council Collaboration in Action – How it Works & Why it Works (featuring speakers from Sunderland City Council, North Lincolnshire Council, Dorset Council and more)
- 11am – 1pm: Adult Social Care Innovation Focus (20 minute introductions to priority ASC digital solutions)
- 1pm – 2pm – Working Lunch (ability to drop in with speakers, ask questions about the solutions or check in on your emails and/or have a sandwich and a breather)
- 2.00pm – 2.50pm: Panel Discussion – How we move forward with CareTech across ASC for improved outcomes and personal independence (featuring speakers from Coventry City Council, LGA)
- 2.50pm – 3pm: Round up, Next Steps & Goodbye
There will be a selection of recordings available after the event for those who were not able to attend. Please register for tickets in order to receive these.