Year-end updates to BetterCare Finance: national and local policy changes
At the moment we’re busy capturing all of the year-end updates to welfare benefit rates, ensuring that all local authorities using BetterCare Finance will have up-to-date rates ready to be applied at the start of the new financial year.
These year-end updates include both national and local policy changes, providing all end-users with completely accurate results through BetterCare Finance.
All national DWP-related benefits and allowances, such as Attendance Allowance (AA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA), are automatically updated by our team of experts with no additional effort from local authority teams.
For local rates, such as Minimum Income Guarantee (MIG) and Disability Related Expenditure (DRE), our team of expert analysts work with each local authority to ensure that these are captured and implemented onto their BetterCare Finance instance.
Unlike other platforms on the market, every single local rate relevant to a financial assessment for care is captured within BetterCare Finance. This means that the output is completely accurate, allowing individuals to know exactly how much their maximum contribution is across all types of care packages.
Empowering end-users to access this information independently has a number of clear benefits for each local authority.
- Reduction of individuals at council’s front door
- Freeing up staff time to focus on those who are vulnerable or have complex cases, no one is left waiting and no one slips through the net
- Elimination of any backlog
- The financial assessment can be obtained earlier in the process meaning individuals know exactly what their potential contribution will be, leading to a reduction in failed care packages
- Provides the ability for staff to report, plan, bulk uplift and much more
Please do get in touch using the form below if you’re interested in finding out more about BetterCare Finance.